I have days when I just can’t resist bread and rice. I feel like there should always be something that Keto fanatics should at least eat throughout the day that somehow feels like the real thing. Luckily, a friend of mine sent me a link on how to make a low-carb bread. The photo of the finish product on the my_keto_journal instagram page looks promising, I had to give it a try.
For this recipe, It seem easier to order most of the ingredients online, rather than to look for each item from different stores. I ordered almost everything from iHerb. I live in Dubai and the delivery was smooth except they delivered it to my office on a weekend.
1. Bob’s Redmill Vital Wheat Gluten (iHerb) – 1 Cup
2. Nu Naturals Oat Fiber (iHerb) – 1/4 Cup
3. Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal (iHerb) – 1/2 Cup
4. Now Real Food Xanthum Gum (iHerb) – 1/4 Tsp – original recipe does not have this, but I used it anyway for texture.
5. DCL Yeast -1 TBSP.
6. Stevia Sweetener – 1/4 Cup
7. Honey – 1 TSP
8. Eggs – 1 egg white & 1 Beaten
9. Almond Flour – 1/2 Cup
10. a cup of warm water
1.In a warm cup of water, add the yeast and honey “for proofing”. Wait for 10-12 minutes until the “dome” appears. You’ll know that it is ready when it becomes foamy on top. (I used instant yeast but proofed it anyway)
2. Meanwhile, on a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
3. Mix the proofed yeast, eggs and all the dry ingredients altogether. (I did not use mixer in this recipe)
4. Knead all the ingredients together making sure that all of it is equally distributed. Placed in the baking pan and cover with a clear plastic.
5. Let it rise for 45-55 minutes. Let the yeast work it’s magic
7. Preheat oven to 190 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
The bread was light, airy and has the real-bread texture. It does not have that egg-y taste and smell. I really love this recipe. It makes my carb craving go away.
- If you have a hard time looking for Ingredients, check this online shop of natural and healthy products. Use the code ADK3929 upon check out for a 5% discount.